1. PAINT SOUND SCULPTURES
2. WIKIPEDIA - LIST OF COLORS
On a semi-related note: all the colors ever. Even the fictional ones. This article takes you from Air Force Blue to Zinnwaldite Brown, all arranged alphabetically or by.....color. This isn't really a website that you can get hours of fun out of, but if you ever need to know anything about a specific color, here ya go. At some point I think the people who name colors just decided to fuck with us. Unmellow Yellow? Piggy Pink? Sacramento State Green? And Radical Red sounds way more like a kool-aid flavor than a legit and totally real color.
3. GREG RUTTER'S DEFINITIVE LIST OF THE 99 THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED ON THE INTERNET UNLESS YOU'RE A LOSER OR OLD OR SOMETHING
This, as you probably should've guessed, is a list of 99 things that are on the internet that everyone has seen. Except I'm guessing you haven't seen all of them, so stop embarrassing yourself and check it out.
4. BANKSY - THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND
You may have heard of Banksy? You've stumbled upon the movie about him streaming on Netflix, perhaps? Well apparently he's well known in Britain. Now I usually don't like just looking at pictures of grafitti, but this guy is pretty good, and this website shows off a lot of his work. Yeah, I didn't see that movie either.
5. WIKIPEDIA - LIST OF COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS
NOTE: THIS IS THE SECOND WIKIPEDIA ENTRY OF THE DAY. Carry on...
I heard somebody make a joke about Wikipedia's "list of misconceptions" page the other day, but I didn't think it was a real page. NOW I KNOW. Some examples include...
- Swallowed chewing gum does not take seven years to digest. In fact, chewing gum is mostly indigestible, but passes through the digestive system at the same rate as other matter.
- Bats are not blind. While most bat species do use echolocation to augment their vision, all bat species have eyes and are capable of sight. Oh you stupid bats, you.
- A popular myth regarding human sexuality is that men think about sex every seven seconds. In reality, there is no scientific way of measuring such a thing and, as far as researchers can tell, this statistic greatly exaggerates the frequency of sexual thoughts.
Anyway, have a good time with these sites. But not too good a time.